Get 7 Useful Business negotiation Tips in a 45 minutes speech for better results!
If you are running a business, negotiation is one of the most important parts of your success. You will be amazed at how many employers do not know exactly what to do, so it is likely for you to be one of them!
1) The first very important among all business negotiation tips is to show assertiveness and be clear with what you whant to achieve! If you are shy, you will not be able to present your case properly and you will not get the best for your business. Furthermore, this way you will show the person you are negotiating with, that you are decisive and confident. There are many people, who avoid talking about money, make sure that you will not fall in that category.
2) Another one of the business negotiation tips is to control your emotions. When you are emotionally attached to the negotiation, you will not be able to think clearly about the things that you are really trying to achieve. Furthermore, the emotions will make you unstable and you will leave bad impression on your partners.
3) Remember that you have the choice to accept or refuse the offer that you receive. There are many people, who are not familiar with this very imortant among the business negotiation tips, so make sure that you will not be one of them. If you for some reason do not agree with the offer, it is better to say that you will discuss it with your partners, but not accept it. This way you will show that you are not happy with the terms of the offer and the person is likely to change them in your favor.
4) Remember that it is better to listen than talk. During the negotiation agree with anything, but try to turn it around if you disagree.
5) Very useful among all the business negotiation tips is to make sure that at the end of the negotiations, both you and the people, who are negotiating with you, will feel like winners. This means that some of the terms that are discussed will have benefits for both sides. Furthermore, make sure that you will be truthful and honest during the negotiations, because this way you may get more work with the people you are negotiating with.
6) Bargain! Remember that when you are negotiating, you will not get anything for free. This means that when you give away something, you must always receive something in return! If the terms you are negotiating on, do not offer you such benefits, simply turn down the offer.
7) Finally, one of the best business negotiation tips says that you should take notes and summarize the results of the negotiation. That way you will easily see what the benefits are for you and decide what you want to change in the deal.
Contact Christine for a keynote speech or a workshop
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.